Tuesday, May 13, 2008

:- Up on the Mountain

Up on the mountain
by melvin (the persona)

(award-winning picture taken in nov' 04 south new zealand - christchurch: random shots along the roadtrip)

Up on a mountain
Reaching for the sky,
I've accomplished
More than meets the eye.

The mountain stands mighty
Majestic as it always be
Standing in nonchalance
With foliage and fauna bowing to its awe.

With only seasons
Making changes to its appearance
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
Only the hues of warmth can I sense its clear presence.

I peeked through my glasses
With seams of light puncturing my sight
Stealing glances on and off
Awed myself with both beauty and masculine height.

And up on the mountain
Overseeing the far and near sights
With distinctive dots of civilisations across the horizon
Clouds of hopes and dreams are never fleeting even till the nights.

Up on a mountain
Reaching for the sky,
I have accomplished
More than meets my eye.

This poem was composed to amplify the spectacular awes of physical beauty; in this case a normal-looking common mountain. Pure imaginations were channeled into this creation to deliver accurate sights and feels of being on the top of the mountain.

2 comments:

Ivan said...

amazing... nice picture with ur cool poem >.<

melv- said...

ha! thanks for popping by.