Thursday, August 21, 2008

:- soaring with my sojourn wings

With sojourn wings, i fly
by melvin (the persona)

(picture taken in august '08 singapore - east coast bedok jetty)

I see the day-glow sky
with sojourn clouds I fly
Racing high for the morning dew
hoping to see the sun anew

Gloominess strikes the dark, foul, murky night
ceases with its dreadful fright
How the soul sweeps up to a mighty height
with my wings reaching for the freedom's flight

Living my dreams once again
not caring for how nor when I begin
With my stealthily soaring wings I fly
to see the day-glow sky before I die

Rise onwards to the sky's stairway
rejoice my bittersweet moments in the coming day
Shaking off a troubled mind
with breathless wings we (hopefully) climb

I see the day-glow sky once again
with sojourn wings I fly
Yearning to see the sun anew
for the fear of my lost hope

With sojourn wings I climb
I see the day-glow sky

This poem was composed to parallel the common belief of thinking "there is a silver lining behind each cloud"; of hope, faith, and nothing more than sheer decadence, which doesn't hold a certain truth.

No comments: